MSN messenger error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
everytime I try and sign into my msn messenger I recieve an error message stating that I am unable to be signed in at this time and am given the error # 80072f0d. My roommate uses msn messenger as well and is having no trouble signing in. I am using messenger version 7.0 and have windows ME...just wondering if anyone can help!
Thanks

Same problem

meego7 said:
Have u tried to reisntall the msn messenger?

I've already tried this. I got this error with 6.2, beta 7.0, and with Windows Messenger on my XP machine. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I know this won't 'fix' your problem, but you can always install Trillian and use it. It supports MSN, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, and IRC. That will at least allow you to get on for the time being.

BTW

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
all 3 of you

Thank you - I tried using it a while back and, for me, the limitations outweighed the benefits (things may have changed since then, but I'd rather be able to fix the MSn problem). Apparently, some other users are experiencing this, so I'd like to know if anyone out there is experiencing or has solved a similar issue?

you click on START, RUN and copy and paste these commands:

regsvr32 softpub.dll wintrust.dll initpki.dll dssenh.dll
> rsaenh.dll gpkcsp.dll sccbase.dll slbcsp.dll cryptdlg.dll

click ok and it SHOULD work

Hey - wow, that worked. How does that work exactly? I mean, what is it doing or what is it loading that went wrong w/ the version of MSN I downloaded?

Only thing I can think of is I use Hijackthis.exe every once in a while to delete BHO's. Could I have accidentally deleted or inactivated one of these files...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back