Msn Zone Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tes_nimrod

For some sick, twisted reason, I can go to every friggin website in the world except the MSN Zone, located at zone.msn.com, and every zone webpage.

I meet friends on one of the games there, and I can't get to it for some strange reason all of a sudden. WHY THAT SITE??

I can get to it with my other computer, but it's my mom's and she doesn't want the game on hers.

Know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

I get this when I try the site:

Browser not fully supported

If you are seeing this page, we have detected that the browser you are using is unable to render Zone.com correctly. To play on Zone.com you need a computer running Windows95 or greater and we recommend either Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater, or Netscape 6.2.3. The Zone is best viewed with Internet Explorer. To get the latest version, please select the free download link below.

Get Microsoft Internet Explorer

Note that some games may not function properly with Netscape 6. If you do not want to upgrade your browser, you can still use Zone.com, however some pages may not render properly and some games may not function properly. To return to Zone.com without upgrading your browser, click here.

Is that what you're getting?

No. I used to go on there all the time. Everyday to be exact. On the 20th, I suddenly couldn't go on anymore.

When I try and go on the site, my browser looks as if it's trying to open the page, but can't. I let it try for about an hour yesterday, and it still didn't open the page.

It's gotta be my computer, because I can get to the site on other computers.

You might try clearing the cache of your internet explorer, in case there's a corrupt file there.

If you could be more specific about the error that you're getting, we might be able to help you better. Is it a DNS error, or a 404 error, or other?? Or do you get no error.

I get no error. My browser appears as if it's about to open the zone page. The previous page disappears, the window turns white, "MSN Games by Zone.com" appears in the window's title bar, and the windows icon in the top right of my browser is moving, it says that it's opening in the status bar, but the page never opens.

One more thing, when I run my Norton CleanSweep, it can't clear out 36 KB of information from my Internet history.

based on that information, it sounds like you have a corrupt cache, and probably in your mSN gaming zone section.

You may also wish to clear your cookies. (I recommend using tools->internet options->clear temp files, cookies, instead of using Norton.)

If you google, there's a MSWord file called "How to fix IE slowdowns and crashes" This would be a very good idea to try, as it totally starts your cache anew.

Hope that helps some.

I am completely frustrated with the zone! I have been playing spades for years on the zone and for some reason a few months ago, I am now "unable to launch room." I have followed the instructions provided in the "support" tab, yet I am still unable to enter the zone! Will someone please help me???????? I have jumped from site to site looking for help with no success.

"Unable to launch room"

I have something similar to wskorupski, but it is when I play "CD-ROM Required" games.
:( I used to be able to play online games with Age of Empires II: The Concourers but not any more. Please help

"Unable to Launch Room"

i have the same exact problem, "unable to launch room" when trying to play
Age of Empires II The Conquerors

when i email Microsoft for help, i get an "automaticall Selected" list of things to try, none of which work, and i also get a message that says if i just installed XP Service Pack 2 then i should click on a yellow bar to install "ActiveX Controls" - this does not work either

guess i need some help from India

Bill, r u there?

FIX: Unable to Launch Room Error at MSN Gaming Zone

I have found a way to fix the "Unable to Launch Room" error message at MSN Gaming Zone. Go to the Windows Start menu (or press the start button on your keyboard) and go to the Control Panel. Select "Add or Remove Programs" and find "MSN Gaming Zone." Then select Change/Remove. This will uninstall the program. Then go back to MSN Gaming Zone to play your game and you will be prompted to install the software. Go ahead and follow the instructions to install the software. Once the software is re-installed you will be able to play your game. I was using Windows XP and playing hearts when I found the fix for the 'Unable to Launch Room' error and I hope it works for you. Good luck and email me with any questions at chris.breikss@gmail.com with "Unable to Launch Room Error" in the subject line.

Cheers,

ChrisB

Aaaarrrrgggg

I have the same problem, Have tried all sorts of suggestions. ALSO MSN Zone does not appear in the Add Subtract programs in Control Panel, but the Program is still in the Program Files directory. Even tried deleting the Program File, but it does not delete...Help, my wife is getting very frustrated because she cannot play Spades, and it was her favorite game site......

OK! I have (a) solution!!!

When I upgraded my PC & put on XP again. I discovered I could not get into Spades, due to a "web page error"

This may not work for everyone but! Try this...

When you install service pack 2 in XP it introduces an MS firewall, however what they don`t tell you is... If you already had Norton firewall, they DO NOT disconnect the MS firewall! Therefore I was running TWO firewalls!!!

I uninstalled the Norton firewall, which I do not find as user friendly as the MS one. Hey-presto!!!! Spades worked!!

Good Luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back