Msvcr71.dll was not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
download from MS and re-register it. This is a standard support dll in C++ for many systems such as C,VB and net. It may have nothing to do with Java

can you link to the specific page you are talking about?

i can't find what you're talking about, and i wouldn't know how to re-register it.

Let's see if msvcr711.dll is present on your system first. Open search - for files and folders - all files and folders - and key in msvcr711 do not add a file version. You will probably find there are up to a dozen versions, including one under c:\program files\java\jre6\bin or similar.

Let us know what you find. The here is a cut-out from MS knowledgebase help

This document details four different ways to register a DLL. Each method yields the same result, so use the one that is easiest for you.
Double click on the DLL. An Open With box appears.Click the Other button, and then browse out to Windows\\System or Windows\\System32 directory.Click on the REGSVR32.exe file, click Open, and then click OK.

On the taskbar, click on the Startbutton and then click Run.In the Open textbox, type regsvr32 "javascript:void(null);" (quotes should be included around the path and filename).Click OK.

Open a DOS prompt.Change to the directory where the DLL resides, then type: regsvr32 DLLname.dll.

In Windows Explorer, drag the icon for the DLL file and drop it on top of the regsvr32.exe file (located in Windows\\System or Windows\\System32 directory).

The best option IF you turn up a copy under java would be the first.

umm.. the search (i think indexing is disabled) found no results but i know there is one in C:\WINDOWS\system32

anyhow, i think it's easier just to redownload whatever msvcr711.dll is part of from microsoft?

........................ i thought it was long clear that the lastest version of java was installed (see post#3), and the link i posted above (post#10) is the lastest version.....................

in any event, i dled JavaRa, and it says "You already have the latest Java Platform on this system."

so anyhow, i have no idea what post#9 is about..

Msvcr71.dll is delivered with any application that needs it and scanning the registry
leads to several copies on my system; all located in the same directory as the application.

Program Files\Java\jre1.6.*\bin\ also has Msvcr71.dll :)

mine is version 7.10.3052.4 at this location

i'm unsure if the prescription provided sloved whatever caused this problem, as i deleted the copied dll files afterward, and the java applets on various sites still works. unfortunately, i've become especially uninterested in the diversion of the content sought.

the problem may be one of those cases where something "suddenly" breaks or works again.. (i find this happens with different aspects of the media player i use)

thank you again however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back