Msvcr71.dll was not found

By iambinary1
Mar 26, 2009
  1. gornati

gornati TS Rookie

replace java, for latest version

2. iambinary1

iambinary1 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

the lastest version is what was installed.

3. iambinary1

I reinstalled and same error.

Help.

4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

download from MS and re-register it. This is a standard support dll in C++ for many systems such as C,VB and net. It may have nothing to do with Java

5. iambinary1

can you link to the specific page you are talking about?

i can't find what you're talking about, and i wouldn't know how to re-register it.

6. gbhall

Let's see if msvcr711.dll is present on your system first. Open search - for files and folders - all files and folders - and key in msvcr711 do not add a file version. You will probably find there are up to a dozen versions, including one under c:\program files\java\jre6\bin or similar.

Let us know what you find. The here is a cut-out from MS knowledgebase help

The best option IF you turn up a copy under java would be the first.

7. iambinary1

umm.. the search (i think indexing is disabled) found no results but i know there is one in C:\WINDOWS\system32

anyhow, i think it's easier just to redownload whatever msvcr711.dll is part of from microsoft?

8. gbhall

In search for files and folders there is an 'advanced options' which allows search in system and hidden files. Run that. As to downloading from MS it will normally only be available as a part of a package... If you download the full java virtual machine, that will do it http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/javavm.html

9. iambinary1

is http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp _not_ the "full java virtual machine" ???

and what about the info in the "Related link" in the link you put: "Sun Java Virtual Machine (this is a better option than Microsoft's version)"

SOMEBODY HELPP!!........

WHY WON'T THIS THING WORK........

simple java applets....

10. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Run JavaRa
    This will remove all your old Java stuff (that is not required)
    It will also help you check for new Java updates ;)

11. iambinary1

........................ i thought it was long clear that the lastest version of java was installed (see post#3), and the link i posted above (post#10) is the lastest version.....................

in any event, i dled JavaRa, and it says "You already have the latest Java Platform on this system."

so anyhow, i have no idea what post#9 is about..

12. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,348   +622

Msvcr71.dll is delivered with any application that needs it and scanning the registry
    leads to several copies on my system; all located in the same directory as the application.

Program Files\Java\jre1.6.*\bin\ also has Msvcr71.dll :)

mine is version 7.10.3052.4 at this location

13. iambinary1

yes i'm still alive.

does anyone know a solution to this problem?

14. jobeard

a) search for the file
    b) copy it to your Java\jre location

15. jobeard

did you get this resolved?

16. iambinary1

i'm unsure if the prescription provided sloved whatever caused this problem, as i deleted the copied dll files afterward, and the java applets on various sites still works. unfortunately, i've become especially uninterested in the diversion of the content sought.

the problem may be one of those cases where something "suddenly" breaks or works again.. (i find this happens with different aspects of the media player i use)

thank you again however

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.