MSVCRT.DLL not comaptible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, im new to the forum, so if this issue has been address sorry for making a repeat of a question. anyhow though...

Recently i have been getting an error when i run the setup to any (or most) programs. the error reads as follows:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library [header]
MSVCRT.DLL for Win32
Error: MSVCRT>DLL is not compatible with Win32s."

most of the time, after that error i get a follow up message telling me that the application failed to initialize properly, then closes the setup. sometimes though the first error will pop up and nothing will happen when i click "ok", the program installs normally. my current OS is Windows2k pro, i have downloaded all available updates for my OS (all critical updates and some others). this is the first time i have ever had this problem and have never had it before this. anyone that knows where i might be able to get more info on fixing this or what i can do to fix it...please, share that with me.

Actually, since a couple of weeks I have the same problem; I'm not sure wether it started after updating to Norton Antivirus 2004 or updating to directx 9. I suspect a Msi problem; The error message only pops up I trying to install via setup.exe; No problems with wise. Strange but now I've reached the limits of my humble Win2k knowledge; an additional message advises to install the respective program on Win98 or NT4SP6 - not really an alternative

I have MSVCRT.DLL from Win2K/SP4 with version 6.1.9844.0
size: 286,773 or 281 KB
Rightclick msvcrt.dll in \winnt\system32 and check Properties, then tab Version

Also check it in \winnt\servicepackfiles\i386

If you have a different version, try to get the above file out of your W2KSP4.EXE (rightclick/extract with winrar or winzip)

^
Originally posted by realblackstuff
^I have MSVCRT.DLL from Win2K/SP4 with version 6.1.9844.0
^size: 286,773 or 281 KB
While trying to resolve this problem I had already installed Win2K/SP4. So I have vthe DLL with the same version and size. But the error message still's popping up, while retrying to install other software using msi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back