Mt. Gox abandons plans to rebuild, files for liquidation instead

By Shawn Knight
Apr 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Bad news for those holding on to a glimmer of hope that embattled Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox might one day return their holdings - the company has decided to abandon plans to rebuild the business and instead is seeking to...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

I still think someone should put out a contract on this Karpeles dirtbag. The investors might not get their money back but at least they have the satisfaction of knowing he won't be living the high life on their dough.
    GhostRyder likes this.
  3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,139   +498

Yes, whether or not the rumor that he stole it is true or false he needs to be held accountable for the loss. It was his companies fault and he should be held accountable for the loss and made sure he gets no money from this since he has "lost" nearly half a billion in coins.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

Where there's smoke there's fire. The chances of him being at the bottom of all this is 99.9%.
    GhostRyder likes this.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,060   +220

He has $400mill secretly hidden in bitcoins I would file for liquidation as well....
  6. If I had worked there, everyday, I would have been thinking that I could take all the coins, and nobody could stop me.

If I was the owner, and was in debt, then I would know that I would have to take them - one day.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,775   +1,429

I'm laughing at everyone that lost, because they bought into the idea that Bitcoin is more secure. It was inevitable that this day was coming.
    lmike6453 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.