TechSpot

MTV to air 12 hours of music videos to celebrate Independence Day

By Shawn Knight
Jul 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Believe it or not, there was once a time when MTV actually played music videos. Hard to believe, I know, but this was many moons ago before YouTube and Vevo became the go-to destinations for music videos on the web....

Read more
  2. BMfan

BMfan TS Guru Posts: 479   +48

I'm surprised they still know what music video's are.
    avoidz and ypsylon like this.
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

I would flip over to MTV if they played some old-school music vids. None of this new junk. :p
  4. free4rm

free4rm TS Rookie Posts: 17

Be great if they played videos from their first decade of broadcasting.
  5. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 633   +123

MTV playing music? What I the world coming to? Next they'll be thinking that music is of such importance that they'll make the term eponymous.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,040   +739

They actually play music? I've never seen or heard it, all I've heard is some offensive noise.
    ypsylon likes this.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,040   +739

Yeah the 80's. The best era ever for music. Not the despicable racket thesedays that tries to disguise itself as music.
    avoidz and ypsylon like this.
  8. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

'80's and '90's music or nothing. Not the Auto-Tuned garbage produced these days.
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,238   +79

WOW! MTV will actually play music?!

This is just... mind blowing!
  10. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,956   +902

MTV should play music videos more... none of that Jersey shore crap. But I guess music videos dont make enough money.
  11. 12 hours ? just for that day...

how about the many years we have lost the meaning by the name of the channel ? RTV was once called MTV becouse it send music to all ppl. but about 10 years ago, or more, the reality tv took over and since then the channel didnt play music but reality shows all day.

12. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 614   +82

I was not impressed with MTV when it started but in retrospect I realise it did have some good music tied to classic video. There is plenty of good music but the industry don't support it as it is so much easier relying on X factor etc.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.