Multi-Boot CD or DVD

By Zeratul
Aug 17, 2006
  1. I've searched here, there, everywhere, but couldn't find what i want.

I want to make a bootable CD or a DVD that contains several CD images, with a menu, so that, when i select a certain iso, it launches..

i.e. can anyone tell me how an iso image can be read without an OS, i.e. i need a software that is used during booting and which fully identifies and understands iso files !!! (sounds strange, but nice, i guess)
  2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

3. Zeratul

Zeratul TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

Sorry 'fastco', but seems like i wasn't clear.
    I need to burn on a DVD several ISO files (i will not extract their files, NO, I WILL BURN THE ISO FILE ITSELF, SO THAT, WHEN YOU BROWSE THE DVD, YOU'LL FIND ISO FILES)

and these ISO files are for several linux live CDs BUNDLED on a single DVD.

Then, i need to create a menu from which i select which live CD to launch, which will, in turn, run the corresponding ISO file

anyone understood anything :D :D !
  4. blue_dragon

blue_dragon TS Rookie Posts: 190

you want a ingle dvd rom with multiple images..I do not know if that is possible
    but you bring up the menu...try to find a program that will compile them into one image and will creat a menu
  5. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

6. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

autoplay studio 6 is the only way to go
    will do it all ,well almost
  7. Zeratul

Zeratul TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

i know that site, but it's a little bit difficult, besides, it's dedicated mainly to WinOSs , ie. not versatile

this is mainly for windows, and not creating bootable stuff, i guess. Correct this if i'm wrong
  8. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

darn your right
    I thought that setup factory did that
    guess not
    try bartpe and found this link ezboot
    I've been using autoplay for recovery disc's
    now I'll need a boot app to help out
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.