TechSpot

multi-display issue

By sundewzer
Oct 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an Aurora m9700 with dual video card (512 GeForce 7900's), I am trying to get a dual monitor type setup with my laptop and my HD TV. I have a DVI to HDMI cable connecting the computer to the TV. The problem is when I go to display properties and the setting tab, I click on the second monitor, click extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor, and click apply. The screen flashes and when it comes back the box has been unchecked and eveything is the same as it was befor. I can set it to display on the TV only and it works just fine, well almost (it cuts off an inch or two of the edges). Thanks ahead for any and all help.

Casey
  2. sundewzer

sundewzer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

Umm, anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Try with Nvidia's own control panel, in its Display -> Multiple displays -> Run multiple display wizard.

The inch or two issue might be corrected with the television's own settings. I had the same problem with my HDMI projector, fixed by adjusting its output scaling.

There's no need to bump threads if you get no replies within a day.
  4. codez13579

codez13579 TS Rookie Posts: 68

which setting do u currently have it on clone, duelview, etc? also for the quick resetting back of the settings u have to change the refresh rates.

i have a nvidia, and although its kinda old, ndvia hasnt changed the control panel. just go to the tv output settings and change the dimensions on the tv. ur can enlarge the screen or shrink it with the plus or minus sign. that is wat i did for mines to work.
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

There's a new (slow and bloated) Nvidia's control panel in driver 91.47.
  6. codez13579

codez13579 TS Rookie Posts: 68

oo thanks for the update mict
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.