TechSpot

Multi-Mail Notifier error

By ruffrider
Dec 20, 2006
  1. While trying to install Muti-Mail notifier from TechSpot, I get a error message "The MULTIMAILNOTIFIER.EXE file is linked to missing export SECUR32.DLL;DecryptMessage.
    Does anyone know how to work around this. This is a handy add-on for Firefox, since it has no e-mail notifier built without leaving Thunderbird open.

2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Are you sure this wasn't after the install? The name of the installer is "mmnstd_setup.exe" and doesn't utilize "secur32.dll".
    On XP and 2k systems, the file secur32.dll should be in the "C:\Windows\system32" folder. What version of windows are you using?

3. ruffrider

ruffrider TS Rookie Topic Starter

Win98 Actually the file didn't even exist, but when I got this error message I went to .dll.com and downloaded it thinking it would help. But to no avail.

4. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Not surprising as it shouldn't come with 98.

After downloading did you copy the secur32.dll to "C:\Windows\System32"?
    If you already did then try to copy the file to "C:\Windows\System", without the "32" and run it again.

Kind Regards Jesse ;)

5. ruffrider

ruffrider TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, I put it in system32 folder. Thank you for your help jessie but if is that much trouble it get it to work I don't need it anyhow.
    again thanks for your help

6. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

How about ePrompter? It free and Works.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.