Multi monitor gaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremE87

I'm running a dual monitor setup on an NVidia graphics card. Last night, I just started having this problem where the mouse curser won't 'lock' to my primary monitor when I'm playing a video game. In other words, the mouse is free to move around both monitors. If I click while the mouse is on my secondary monitor, it minimizes the game. This starts to get annoying really fast, especially on games where it takes a while to minimize. I have looked around the forums here and can't seem to find any information on how to fix it. If anybody can help me get this back to how it was before, it would be appreciated. :)

I would assume this is a video card driver setting, check your drivers (maybe update them) for a setting that prevents the mouse from switching displays during games. Many times there is an option for creating a profile for specific settings for specific applications, if possible setting up a profile would be the best option.

Thx, PanicX for your quick response. I updated my video drivers to NVidia's newely released 77.77, and that didn't help at all. Then, I looked all around NVidia's driver software and couldn't find any option to prevent the mouse from switching displays during games. I did find the area to set up a profile for specific applications and set one up for Unreal Tournament 2004, but there are no options for locking the mouse in the profile options.

Found this FAQ
Multi-Monitor FAQ
While I'm not sure it addresses your specific issue, you may want to take a look at it.
If there's no option to configure the mouse in the video drivers, then I would check the game for control options.

I checked the games, and I see no setting for this. Every video game I play it does this to me now... UT2004, WoW, CoD, Farcry, and so on. I've looked around and I found a program called MouseJail (http://www.dr-hoiby.com/MouseJail/index.php, but I can't get it to work. Maybe there is other software out there to do this same thing?

btw, thx for the faq, it helped me solve a different problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back