1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimedia Audio Controller Problem.. (Please!, help me.)

By lit143
Nov 26, 2007
  1. Hi!,
    I'm Lito Valdez, Could anyone of you help me!?, Because before, the Operating System that I used is Windows XP Home and it has a sound, now, my twin-brother change it to Windows XP Professional, but, my problem now is that I can't hear any sound of my PC and when I looked into the Device Manager the "Multimedia Audio Controller" has a yellow question mark and has also a yellow exclamation point, and I ask my twin-brother what's happening why did our PC don't have a sound now after you change it to Windows XP Professional and he just answered he don't know what's goin on, and we have a Driver for Multimedia Audio Controller.
    Please!..., Help me...
    And before I forget, I downloaded the CPU-Z and the Motherboard shows this:

" Motherboard "
    Manufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    Model = P4P800S-X Rev 1.xx
    Chipset = Intel i865P/PE/G/1848P Rev. = A2
    Southbridge = Intel 82801EB (ICH5)
    LPCIO = Winbond W83627THF

And hope the information of motherboard can solve the problem of multimedia audio controller.
    And just E-mail me at: lit_143@yahoo.com
    I just want to say that Thanks a lot in advanced for helping me...
    God Bless you...

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

You need to reinstall the audio controller driver set. either use the CD that came with the motherboard or download a set from the Asus website for your country. As you have not told us what country you are in I cannot suggest a suitable URL for you.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.