multimedia audio controller

By sonya
Nov 25, 2006
  1. I reinstalled my windows xp and now I have no sound. It says I need a cd to install it. I don't have a cd.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

What kind of computer has no sound now? Laptop, desktop?
  3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Also what sound do you have? Integrated or Sound card, If sound card tell me which one - Item name and Manufac

But if integrated go to the OS website which is Microsoft and see if you can get a driver for it on the site

Hope I helped ;)

Also... Welcome to Techspot!
  4. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Also if its a manufactured pc such as gateway or dell find the resource/drivers cd and then try to find sound drivers
  5. sonya

sonya TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have a hp pavillion a605x desktop. I was getting sound using speakers just fine before I had to reinstall my xp. The audio controller is listed under other devices. This is all the information that was listed under it. SIS7012 Audio Codec. PCI/VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_OC4D105B&REV_AD3&61AAA01
    PCI BUS 0, DEVICE 2, FUNCTION 7. Under the same device manager tab is a video controller with the same error message. Also, thanks for the welcome and the replies.
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You will be able to get your drivers from HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  7. Grafficks

Grafficks TS Rookie Posts: 302

You can't just start using your computer right after reinsalling the OS. You must install the hardware drivers. You must also install your graphics driver too it seems. Look for any more unrecognized devices in device manager and install all necessary hardware drivers before doing anything else! They should all be available on the HP website, have a look around.

Good luck :)

Edit: dang I type too slow...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.