Multiple BSODs and freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netdamage

Hi there,

Stumpled on your great forum a few days ago and thought I'll give it go here to try and find some answers to my PC issues. For a very long time now my system has been very unstable giving me tons of BSODs and freezes. I've tested rams with memtest and they came out OK. I've also relocated rams etc.

I've attached 6 minidumbs in 3 files.

Please help if you can! Thanks.

The MiniDumps "WD-20080425-2253" and "WD-20080725-2317" indicate 0x117 errors and the Nvidia Driver "nvlddmkm.sys" as a cause.

The MiniDump "072508-01" indicates a 0xD1 error with Memory Corruption as a cause and "080108-01" indicates a 0xA error again Memory Corruption is the cause.

The MiniDump "052208-02" indicates a 0x1E error with the Nvidia Driver "nvstor64.sys" as cause and the last MiniDump '071808-01" indicates a 0x24 error caused by "Ntfs.sys".

I suspect they are all caused by the Nvidia Drivers so try clearing the drivers using Driver Clean Pro - http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=745&file=7&evp=54e6f91e495111338e2171476965c5ed

And install the latest version of the Nvidia Drivers to see if that cures the problem.

Done it now and I'll monitor the system to see if it changes the behavior. I'll report back later. Thanks for now!

Hi woody

I've done the cleanup and installed the newest nVidia driver but I still have these crashes and BSODs.

I have a hard time just starting the pc too. It does not load even just gives that long "Biiiiiiiiiib" noice or the "Biiiib, Biiiib, Biiiib" thing. I even get freezes in the windows error free mode...does this indicate hardware failure instead of driver failure?

I have taken out one of the two ram blocks and then I was able to start up the pc again, but I think I tried this approach before without any long term luck. Is the P5N-E SLI from ASUS known to have issues with more ram-blocks? Could it be the Nvidia GTS 8800, 320mb causing the errors? Any other ideas?

Those "Biiiiiibs" as you call them are the BIOS indicating something is wrong with the hardware or something is not connected properly in the comp.

Try following the guide on BIOS Beeps - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

This should help you with your problem.

It may be possible that the RAM you have taken out is faulty or incompatible with the other RAM.
Can you tell me everything about the RAM.
Manufacturer:
Memory Size:
Bus Speed:

I'll take a look at the guide. BTW: PC beens stable since I took out one of the ram-blocks...

The rams are no-names it seems...Sandra analyses this:

Bank0/1 - DIMM_A1 : None None None None DIMM DDR2 1GB @ 800MHz

Does the comp beep now that RAM card is taken out?
You could try putting it in again and if it starts acting up again then you know you need to replace that RAM card and that would have been the cause for those beeps

Yes, just to be clear - I've taken out one of two ram-blocks. It's still stable and boots without any beeps. I'll just try different combinations to find out if their is one bad ram block or the Mobo has issues dealing with two ram-blocks. Thanks.

Hi Woody,

It seems that one of the ram blocks is corrupted somehow - system is unstable with only that ram block in it and frezees and goes to BSOD. Still havent had any issues with only the current ram block installed, so cause seem to be found! I'll order 2X2 2Gb ram blocks today instead since I see prices are very low at the moment :)

Thanks for your help - really appreciate it.

Glad to have helped although you did pretty much sort your own problem out when removing the RAM.

You had ran Memtest i believe and the RAM passed it, this shows again that Bad RAM can pass Memtest86, this is about the Sixth or Seventh time in a week that has happened and I have been told that by people on here.

What OS do you have?
You might know that 32bit OS's only support 3.2Gb RAM roughly, if 64bit OS then go ahead and buy the cards.
And also you want to get rid of both old RAM cards and only use those 2x2Gb cards because it is possible to have Incompatibility Issues when mixing different RAM cards.

Yes, I tested both seperately with Memtest without any bugs.

I have a 64bit Vista so that should be fine. Just ordered Corsair XMS2 C4DHX 2X2Gb since it tested on the P5N-E SLI. Looking forward to a stable system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back