Multiple clients starting to BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several server / client clusters where all the clients and servers are on the exact same hardware. All clients are P4 XP Pro machines that can not get updates from Microsoft unless I tell them to and are on private networks. We have been stable for 6 months on the same exact hardware until the last week or so. We have had various internal software upgrades that I think might be the causing this but this is where I wanted your opinion. I can tell mrxsmb.sys comes up repeatedly but not sure if it is the cause or a by product.

In the zip file there are three servers each with multiple clients. I have attached the files per client that the issue happened on. The client on Server 3 very well could be a RAM issue since we have already replaced it once but it has been an on going issue where the other two servers just started happening all in the same week.

Aside from this do you have any recommendations on how to further learn to read these files?

Thanks for your time,
KC

Attachments

• CLBSOD.zip
    93.2 KB · Views: 5
Maybe conflicting firewalls

I have seen issues like this on conflicting firewalls. We had similar with Cisco VPN client even with the firewall on that not enabled (just bundled into the package). It would cause blue screens definitely with either Trend or Mcafee firewalls loaded. Cisco VPN firewall is ZoneLabs based so if you have zonelabs and any other firewall, you may have a problem. XP inbuilt firewall seems OK.

Or there is this from msoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890554

Or maybe a virus.

But I expect you have explored those avenues

Thanks rrrobbo,

That does help confirm that I am looking in the right direction. We do a lot of "security" manipulation at log on and log off and when certain db transfers are going on and I was thinking about pushing that route but wanted to have some ammo when I confronted the software guys here first.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back