Multiple display not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an MSI 661FM2 LSR with an onboard display adapter. I wanted to add an aditional display so, I installed an ATI Rage (XP compatible, came with a CD) in a PCI slot. WinXP does not want to detect this PCI card. I tried to "manually" install it via "Add Hardware" so, I went all the way to "add a new hardware device" chose the display adapter and the ATI was there. I installed it but the final message was: the device was installed but may not work correctly, this device cannot start, code error 10.
In the Cmos I changed to PCI as first device or AGP as first device but there is no difference. There is no option to disable the onboard VGA.
Please, help!!!!
Thank you

I had a HP that has a on board video card. I bought a Radeon 7000 64MB PCI and tried to install it. But the video output is still going through the onboard video. I had to disable the onboard VC to use the Radeon.

My question is do you have the right driver for your video card??

check your pci slots irq assignments in the bios. the slot with your card should be set to auto. have you considered the possiblity of the older ati card being shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back