Multiple iexplore.exe boggin down puter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, when i click on internet explorer to open there is some hesistation then it will come up after some time elapses. After I close it for the first time, then try clicking on it again to open the program, nothing happens.

When I view the task manager, I see TONS of iexplore.exe in the proccesses. If this builds and builds, finally the computer says not enought memory, etc.

I am running AVG 8.0 and nothing came up on the scan.

Im running the latest spybot s+d (most recent updates installed and fully immunized. When I ran the check, there was one item something along the lines of the following(i didnt get the exact)

Software/Microsoft/InternetExplorer/Main Feature Contron/feature/LocalMachine/Lockdown setting

I clicked fix problem, but it is still continuing.

Here is my hijack file

Any ideas on this one,

Thanks!!!

Reset Internet Explorer by using these steps: Click the Tools menu, then Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, choose Reset. In this Reset Internet Explorer Settings box, choose Reset. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, close, and click OK two times.
Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.
Iff you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel. If you are using Internet Explorer 6, go to the www.microsoft.com site, and search for Reset Internet Explorer 6 for the instructions you need. They will be only slightly different.

This can do some damage to your usage. Reset or restore action (RIES) restores the default settings of Home pages, Search scopes, Browsing history, Form data, passwords, appearance settings, Toolbars, and ActiveX controls, so it is not a perfect fix for some users.

When I view the task manager, I see TONS of iexplore.exe in the proccesses. If this builds and builds, finally the computer says not enought memory, etc.
Well, "tons" isn't a really accurate description, but are your running IE7 with tabs? That might account for the multiple processes.

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis. Reboot into safe mode.

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

Please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following (if present):
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
Please note any other programs that you don't recognize in that list in your next response.

You Java is way out of date. The currect version is v6u6. Download here:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6463-java-se.html

After you have updates Java, go to the Control Panel> Add/Remove Program and uninstall any earlier versions, including:
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
and any others that are listed.

After you have removed the Viewpoint entries:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services> right click on Viewpoint Manager Service > Properties> Change Startup mode to Disable> Stop the Service.

For your own safety, please verify the entries, inlcuding the IP for this:
O16 - DPF: {A8739816-022C-11D6-A85D-00C04F9AEAFB} (Web Camera Server Control) - http://200.9.36.138:82/wg_webeye.cab

Run HijackThis and post new results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back