Multiple IEXPLORE.EXE in Task Mnager - Vista OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasperS

Hey I've noticed lately that i have multiple iexplore.exe running on my task manager.
I've followed howard's preliminary removal instructions topic, but almost half the tools i downloaded wasn't compatible with Windows Vista...
any help anyone?

I think that both AVG and Avast (antivirus programs) are compatible with Vista, so you should install one of them if you don't have any antivirus.

I don't think there is any free firewall for Vista yet; you might as well run Vista's built-in firewall, as it's probably better than nothing.

Please post HijackThis, AVG Anti-Spyware, and ComboFix logs (as many of these as are compatible with Vista).

Regards :)

combofix ain't compatible with vista, only for win 2000 and XP... i've tryed already...
if i only post the hjt and avg anti-spyware logs will help?

there it is, avg anti-spyware and hjt log files, the avg rootkit didnt found anything... and combofix that i downloaded from howard's tutorial wasn't compatible with Windows Vista!
hope its enough :)

there it is, avg anti-spyware and hjt log files, the avg rootkit didnt found anything... and combofix that i downloaded from howard's tutorial wasn't compatible with Windows Vista!
hope its enough

Your HijackThis log is clean, except for FlashGet, which is labeled by some as adware.

If you have the free unregistered version of FlashGet, you should remove it. You can find good free download managers here.

Have HijackThis fix this entry, which appears to be doing nothing:

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

I don't know what to do about the iexplore.exe in the Task Manager. Search your computer for the filename iexplore.exe and post here what location(s) it shows up in.

Your system does appear to be malware-free. Please post the iexplore.exe location, though.

i found this

iexplore.exe - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

iexplore.exe - C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-internetexplorer_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_2d2b3e0d1d136ff5

iexplore.exe.mui - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\en-US

iexplore.exe.mui - C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-i..texplorer.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_en-us_3b55b11a57da5590

kitty500cat said:
Your HijackThis log is clean, except for FlashGet, which is labeled by some as adware.

If you have the free unregistered version of FlashGet, you should remove it. You can find good free download managers here.

hey thx for the tip, i now use the leechget thx to u man!
Regards :p

Hey, no problem mate. :)

Hopefully your computer is running fine now.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back