Inactive Multiple iexplore.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have been trying to fix this for the past 2 days and i got sick of it so just decided to come to the experts for help.

The problem: i've noticed that there are multiple iexplore.exe processes running in the task manager. Whenever i delete the process, it comes back a few seconds later. Also, while I'm using my default browser Firefox some random ads in the background come up, but only the sound from the ad comes, not a popup or anything. Also, I'm not sure if this is related but shortly after these ads the "wave" meter on the volume settings goes to 0.

How do I start the process of fixing this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Muiltiple iexplore.exe processes are normal of you are using IE8.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

FYI: to prevent the ads in Firefox, install these 2 ad-ons:

I suggest using the following two add-on for Firefox. They will prevent the Tracking Cookies that come from ads and banners and other sources:
AdBlock Plus
Easy List

And reset the Cookies:
For Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies> CHECK ‘accept Cookies from Sites’> UNCHECK 'accept third party Cookies'> Set Keep until 'they expire'. This will allow you to keep Cookies for registered sites and prevent or remove others. (Note: for Firefox v3.5, after Privacy click on 'use custom settings for History.')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back