TechSpot

Multiple Iexplorer processes running and IE not open

By LTVF
Sep 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have read several threads and it seems several people have had this problem but with different resolutions so I am attaching my Highjackthis log in hopes someone can tell me what is going on. The problems I am experiencing with my sister's computer is that it runs extremely slow at times. Nothing appears to be running but when I look in Task Manager I see two Iexplorer.exe processes running but I do not have IE open. I cannot end these processes. Sometimes it takes five minutes to open control panel. The system appears to be unresponsive even though Task Manager shows the cpu at 98% idle and then it just starts running normally. AVG runs daily with nothing found. I ran rootscan in AVG but it finds nothing. It is running XP with sp3. Thanks for any help.

2. kcking

kcking TS Rookie Posts: 29

I had the same issue and the 8-steps thread seems to have fixed the issue. Just make sure that you follow them word-for-word

3. LTVF

LTVF TS Rookie Topic Starter

8 step process

OK I went through the 8 step process with no problems that i can tell. Here are the logs.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.