Multiple Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

smsnead1

I would really appreciate some help with my current problem. Here is what I have...

Dell Optiplex 280 with onboard AGP disabled
(2) Radeon 9250 ATI PCI video cards
(3) Dell 1704FPT monitors - 2 connected to 1 video card by DVI and VGA and the 1 connected to the other by VGA
UltraMon SoftwareAll connections have been re-checked.

Installed and everything worked fine for about a week. Now I am having 1 monitor just go black-screen on me. The power light is still green (not amber). If I turn monitor off, then back on, I have a display for a split second and then it goes black again. Rebooting fixes the problem temporarily but within minutes or hours the same thing happens. At first it was happening to the monitor that was running off of its own video card. I switched the configuration and it has since happened to the same monitor off of the other video card and even once I had a different monitor go black. So it has happened 1 monitor at a time on 2 different monitors and on both video cards.

One other item. It originally happened to the monitor I was utilizing the side USB ports on. A couple of times it would go black screen when I would insert the thumb drive. Almost like it was shorting out the monitor. I then tried different USB ports on the back of the computer and that didn't work. I have since disconnected the USB ports on that one entirely and haven't used my thumb drive at all to see if it would still do it and it has.

I am not doing anything graphic intensive (no gaming). This is happening with basically only Outlook running and maybe one or two other programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Hi

Maybe the PSU is underpowered and cant run the hardware, Thing is Dell PSU's on some of their units are Dell specific, not sure if that applies to your model though.

Be seeing you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back