Multiple Resource Conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a Acer 5050-3371. Not real sure of it's past. When I got it there was no hard drive, ram or wireless card. I put all those in and get multiple resource conflict pci on motherboard errors. This happened before I installed an operating system. I can press F1 to continue or F2 for BIOS. I was able to load XPpro but can't get many of the xp drivers downloaded from the Acer site to install correctly. Ethernet, card reader etc...In device manager all are unknown devices and not working but under properties there location match the locations listed below.. I can get on the internet with a USB wireless adapter and MSoft update site is not giving me any drivers to update. Here is the exact error messages and a pic of device manager. Thanks for any help.
Error
Resource Conflict-PCI on Motherboard
Bus:08 Device:01 Function:01
Error
Bus:08 Device:01 Function:02
Error
Bus:08 Device:01 Function:03
Error
Resource Conflict-PCI Network Controller on Motherboard
Bus:08 Device:02 Function:00

Similiar except I have av AMD Turian 64 M Processor. I don't have a Vista disk. I was getting the error message during boot even before I installed xp and Acer has the xp drivers for it. I could probably borrow a Vista disk to see if it changes anything but I would not be able to activate it. Thanks again for any help/suggestions.

"I could probably borrow a Vista disk to see if it changes anything but I would not be able to activate it"... Activation can be done easily, but that is the least of your problems at the moment

No luck with Vista either. Thinking it must be a hardware problem.
Oh well, about to give up. At least I can use it to get online with usb wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back