Music database for large numbers of songs>60k

By fbieler47
Mar 11, 2006
  1. In my past I worked in a music store and took a handful of cd's home everyday to put in my computer, most of them are .WAV about 40 or 50K though I do have 15 or 20K MP3's. Is there a program available to sort through all this mess, and maybe help me remove some of the doubles I have recorded. It's becoming a nightmare to deal with, I have 8 250GB usb drives full of music, I figure if I rip the wav's to MP3 I can put the songs on just on or two harddrives, I just need some software that will let me do it in an orderly fashion. Any help will be really appreciated.
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

you could probably use itunes or windows media player etc to convert them to mp3 format, then sort the library by name/albums, and delete duplicates from there, but makeing sure you click on 'remove from library and computer'...

although keep a backup of the original files while you figure this bit out from the programs just incase it deletes everything there, then delete them when its all good...

and make sure its only reading from teh one folders/drive
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

To convert all of those, I suggest something like DBPowerAmp music converter (it supports VBR on quite a few MP3 encoders & has a FLAC plugin, one for OGG, etc.).

Once they're converted, I've only heard good things (from many TS members) about Foobar2000.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.