Music on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure you all have heard this before. Every so often my laptop starts up a music, ad, or something and I just can not figure it out. I am sure some PUNK is laughing thier butts off, but this one is just annoying.

I ran numerous antivirus software programs, spyware, registry cleaners and the like, NO LUCK.

One thing that keeps coming up is JS/PSYME. I had cp_package_variety1,2,3 in my list in add/remove software. I thought I got rid of this, but perhaps not.

ANY help would be appreciated, I grow tired of the guy yelling cuss words at 3 am on my computer.

If you want to be sure about viruses or malware then you can follow all the steps HERE.

Make sure that you follow them exactly and post the three requested logs here as attachments.(see how here).

Also when you say you ran numerous antivirus porgrams etc what were they?

Good luck

JS/PSYME is a Trojan Downloader. You need to run your system through the malware cleaning as directed.

1. IS the AV program current and updated?.
2. Did you scan with it? Did it find and/or quarantine/remove this?

I finally found a program: bitDefender that took care of this problem. It allowed me to see the other programs left overs and I deleted ALL of them. There were quite a few programs I used and yes the AVG program left quarintine files which I deleted.

Thank you all

I have uninstalled everything except the bitdefender program. I have one spyware program and one uninstaller program left.

BitDefender is your anti-virus program. As mentioned, you should have a firewall also. And at least 2-or more- spyware/adware programs are needed! Don't overcompensate by uninstalling programs you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back