Music organization software

By georgek7
Oct 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Does anyone know of any software or a way to make it so I can that I can view all of my mp3 files in one place, without any folders? Like I could CTRL+A and highlight all the files, and only mp3s would be selected so that I could copy and paste them somewhere else (like an mp3 player).

I tried using the windows search on my Windows 7 computer, and typed mp3, and it came close to giving me what I wanted but I still had a lot of folders that contained mp3 files in the search. Does anyone know of any software or a way to make it so that I can view every mp3 file on my computer without any folders?

Thanks in advance
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 854

You could probably use something like MediaMonkey to find all the music files on your hard drive and display them in the app.
  3. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,022   +51

Finding mp3 files

You can find files of a certain type, in this case mp3, by using the 'wildcard' symbol.
    So, type into the search box; *.mp3 That will find any file of an mp3 type on your 'C' drive.
  4. georgek7

georgek7 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 19

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!