TechSpot

Music through 5.1 speakers

By User:James
Dec 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi - 1st post :wave:. I have a functioning MM setup running on W2K Server (don't ask). Everything works as it should but I would like, when I listen to MP3s and CDs, to hear it through all of the speakers. I don't mind if its virtual; anything would be better than a dead half-room. Thoughts? :confused:
  2. Mtyson8

Mtyson8 TS Rookie Posts: 23

Well, I like the same thing, FULL stereo sound through all 5 speakers. So far, i have found only one way to do this. First, what sound card do you have? If you have a sound blaster live 5.1, Audigy1 or 2 or Audigy2 ZS it will be the way to go. tell me
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,434   +218

So, do you have an audio card that supports 5.1?
  4. User:James

User:James TS Rookie Topic Starter

5. Freeman

Freeman TS Rookie

no need, go download the AC'97 audio drivers, i am sure the A7N8X series uses that sound system...

Once you download that u can configure it to play through all the channels, this is the only driver that will actually make good use of the audio chip. =)

(If u cant find them, ask me, ill send them to you)
  6. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

You'll need some kind of sound "enhancement" utility to mix stereo sound to more than two channels. Didn't your mainboard / soundcard come with sound utilities?

But it's not stereo sound if it comes from five speakers, is it?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.