My 9600XT Vid card isn't being recognized by ASUS motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT vid card, and a Asus k8v se deluxe motherboard. Both the Vid card and motherboard are for 8xAGP

I have just built this computer, when I went to turn it on I had no display. So I took out my old video card and put it on a PCI connector and voila I have display. When I got into windows I installed my new vid cards drivers, and updated the bios. There's a problem, the computer isn't recognizing this card at all. It isn't under device manager, no pop ups for plug n play, it's like the card isn't attached the the motherboard.

Tomorrow I hope to try it on my friends computer, to confirm the card actually works, but until then I was looking for possible solutions.

I checked the bios and AGP is set to the primary video connector...no idea what the problem is.

I wanted to add, I've since found a website which I apparently can't post on here....

Anyways it mentions how newer intel motherboards NEED these keys on the video cards.

I don't have a intel motherboard, but on my manual it does show i should have that keyed portion on my video card. I'm checking the sapphire 9600xt...no key... problem solved??? Thing about it is, I checked the radeon website, and it is listed as 1.5v and .8v, I don't know why it wouldn't have the key, and how will I identify a card does have a key when shopping online???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back