My 9600XT Vid card isn't being recognized by ASUS motherboard

By Whammy
Jan 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT vid card, and a Asus k8v se deluxe motherboard. Both the Vid card and motherboard are for 8xAGP

I have just built this computer, when I went to turn it on I had no display. So I took out my old video card and put it on a PCI connector and voila I have display. When I got into windows I installed my new vid cards drivers, and updated the bios. There's a problem, the computer isn't recognizing this card at all. It isn't under device manager, no pop ups for plug n play, it's like the card isn't attached the the motherboard.

Tomorrow I hope to try it on my friends computer, to confirm the card actually works, but until then I was looking for possible solutions.

I checked the bios and AGP is set to the primary video connector...no idea what the problem is.

I wanted to add, I've since found a website which I apparently can't post on here....

Anyways it mentions how newer intel motherboards NEED these keys on the video cards.

I don't have a intel motherboard, but on my manual it does show i should have that keyed portion on my video card. I'm checking the sapphire 9600xt...no key... problem solved??? Thing about it is, I checked the radeon website, and it is listed as 1.5v and .8v, I don't know why it wouldn't have the key, and how will I identify a card does have a key when shopping online???
  2. Whammy

Whammy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I was wrong, my video card is properly keyed for 1.5v, so I do need help still.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.