My asus laptop XP OS crash, restart in boot after blue screen appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

jao_madn

hi im new in this forum so please forgive me if my post is not good enough

im troubleshooting this assus loptop with windows XP installed since it keep rebooting when blue screen appears in boot process i thought there are some virus/spyware installed on my OS so i boot on safemode to run some spyware and antivirus but still in safemode the blue screen appears and reboot i can't boot to safemode,this one time i can use safemode but after a few minutes browsing or using some program the blue screen problem again,i thought that the OS have some problem so i installed fresh copy of windows XP but during the copying the files,some .dll and .sys file wont copy from XP cd i almost used 3 types of XP installer the same problem,

i used esc to those file that cannot copy during installation and finish copying but in the windows xp menu for finalizing the installation some error display and the blue screen appears again i copy it and here it one of it

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

if this is the first time you've seen this error screen,restart your computer. if this screen appears again,follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed, if this is a new installation, ask your hardware and software
manufacturer for any windows update you might need.

if problems continue,disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
if you need to use safemode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options, and then
select safe mode

TEchnical information:

***STOP: 0x0000004E (0x00000099,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
physical memory dump complete
contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

and restart, the red txt corrupt file change in other blue screen,
is these problem my hardware since this loptop using only powersupply no attach battery is this maybe one of the cause.

hope you can help me.

hi kimsland
this morning i run the memtest86+ and got millions of error, is this possibly the RAM or any hardware since i never touch or installed any driver or hardware for almost 2 years since bought the loptop
this probably the RAM cause i run it also in my brother loptop a HP presario and had no error even one.Is this memtest also check motherboard or other hardware failure. thnx for reply
i have some question also about memtest menu
what the meaning of the following

Pass and the number 0 ---meaning
count channel ---meaning
the PASS percentage is increasing but theres a error happen---what does mean

hello kimsland tnx for the info about the memtest86+ is used it and it help me.
i already solved the problem this morning.

this morning when i got home from work i check the memtest86+ i run for overnight i found millions of error, i check the RAM hardware one by one, i test the 512 and found error, and 258 has no error found so i only install the 258 and run xp installer and its ok now.the faulty 512RAM causing me the problem.
I buy a 1G for replacement of 512 but when i check it in the MY COMPUTER properties it only found 1092 memory of RAM is it ok. why is it didn't come up with 1g + 256 or something like that.how do i check or look inorder to know the two RAM or the 258 installed is running.
Thanks a lot..

If you remove the 256 meg does it change.

But here's a better answer, remove the 256 Meg card, useless anyway. If you want more, buy another 1 Gig (exactly the same as the one you bought)

Anyway, Good News. fault fixed and more ram installed, you must be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back