my attached .txt hijack this logfile

By privileged
Nov 21, 2005
  1. your help greatly appreciated.
  2. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

Here are the entries that stick out at me:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *
    ^^Do you need a proxy? Who is your ISP? This could be the cause of Internet connection issues.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    ^^Just not necessary to have in startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    ^^Not necessary

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    ^^Not necessary

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
    ^^Part of MSN Messenger, but since the file is missing (double check this), it can be removed. Messenger may need reinstalled.

Other then those, you seem pretty clean.

One last question, um, what is your problem? lol
  3. privileged

privileged TS Rookie Topic Starter

wow thanks for the prompt response. i do have internet connection issues so thanks, if that's cleared up that would be really nice.

my problem, well, i was getting tons of weird pop ups so i ran spybot and it found stuff so i got nervous. i had run hijack this and guessed before but i hate doing that so thank you for looking it over.
  4. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

You will probably want to clean with more then Spybot, if you haven't already. Take a look through the various "stickies" in the Security forum. Such as this one:

It can take a good half-dozen tools to get you really cleaned up, at least.

And also, start using Firefox as your web browser, you will soon get weaned off that force-fed baby food called IE! :)
  5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Definitely follow that post Vigilante advised.

And then it's really time to install SP2!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.