My brand new comp is rebooting every 10-15min

Status
Not open for further replies.

parlee1980

HELP! my brand new comp is rebooting every 10-15min

i have just finshed building my computer, used my friends oe windows xp home loaded it to my computer everything was fine. I went home pluged her in and it worked fine for about 10-15min. then all it dose is reboot dosnt matter what iam doing i could be on the web anything then it reeboots.I took it back over to my friends house and it runs fine no rebooting or anything. my question is could it be that are monitors are diffrent, he has a 17" dell flatt crt and i have a hp mx70 crt, could it be that my computer is set for his setings? question 2: should i just reinstall windows and start from scatch?
help! :knock:

Go to Device Manager and delete the Dell monitor. Re-start and Windows should detect the correct monitor. This will be a start.

HELP! my brand new comp is rebooting every 10-15min

i have done that but still nothing, and every time i go to download the driver for my monitor it somthing from windows pops up saying its not a trusted logo

need more help :hotbounce

That just means it is not signed by Micro$oft. Go to the manufacturers website and look for the latest driver.

That's strange, I've seen it load up a generic monitor before, and run with no problems. Could it be your mouse, or keyboard are giving you problems? Check the connections and make sure they are properly installed.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

anyone who can help me out, what could cause this to happen in one location and not in another :knock:

"update" it happens in both locations now :suspiciou

by any chance are you running a wireless network, when i first started up my wireless network with a netgear wireless usb adapter my computer did the same thing usually about 10-15 min or before that even it would reboot. the installation cd installed the wrong driver for it so i had to install it manually.

help

im using wireless router but my conection is by ethernet cable and i havent installed my instaltion cd for my dsl carrer yet could this be a factor? at my friends house i didnt any internet conection and it works fine there! :bounce:

still kicking my A$#!

its not the internet disconected from the net and still shuting off! :mad:

heres my spec,

2.8 cel d 533fsb
elitegroup board
256 ddr ram_______________only reg at 196mb :(
10 g wd harddrive
200 g maxtor harddrive
liteon dvd-rw
hp cd-rw
ati 9200 se pci vid card _____problem with device maneger has ? beside it :(
creative sound card