My browser doesn't accept script cookies? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I previously registered with a website, and everything has been fine until now. The website now cannot log me in, and says that my browser (IE 7)does not accept script cookies. I'd lowered the security level to Medium, and added the website to the safe list for cookies, regardless of privacy policy. And it still doesn't work!! Anyone got an idea what it could be, or how to solve it? Thx.

I have absolutely no experience with IE7, so can`t solve your problem with it. However, if you were to try a different browser such as Firefox, this may at least solve your problem with that particular website.

Regards Howard :)

You may have to lower your secruity even more with that website. Not wise given scripts are one way viri are transferred on the web. Use a good secure browser like mozilla or firefox. Both are very good.

Or you could find out what cookie it is and then delete it from your Cookies folder. to open that up just key in cookies in Run... on the start menu and then look through them sorry if it doesn't help :)
Monique

Thanks everyone, this problem was sorted out some time back actually. I now just stick to the Windows Firewall and use NOD32 Anti-Virus. The firewall accepts the cookie, so no problems now.

Thanks again.

Just to clarify for anyone following this thread;

A firewall does not accept cookies, your browser does and is the agent that actually saves them.
A firewall *may* be able to filter them (but not all can and certainly NOT the default MS Firewall)

In addition, if you use multiple browsers (eg Firefox and Internet Explorer), then
each has its own controls and stores them independently.

Thanks jobeard, you're quite right. I just meant that previously I had a firewall which seemed to stop certain cookies being stored by IE. Now though, I have quite the opposite, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back