My BSOD's, minidumps, pro assistance required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

Ok to try and cut a long story short, i bought a new mobo bundle with a 4.2 ghz AMD duel core processor and a gig of ram, a new hard drive, and a ATI radeon 2400 HD. I had graphic glitches and complete systemn crashes and lockups in game and BSOD's leading to the ati2dvag.dll file (ati gfx driver). crashes and lockups and BSOD's got progressivly worse. I sent back the video card and RAM, they said RAM was fine but video card was faulty, got a new one (same model), same problems. Sent back whole pc, couldnt find anything wrong, so i bought a geforce 8600 GT, no graphical glitches, games dont crash or cause system crashes, only sometimes, such as stalker, on ATI card lasted 10 mins before system lockup, now lasts hours and hours before a crash to desktop, not too fussed. Source games (hl2 ect) sometimes get crashes to desktop with looping sound, valve say paged pool memory issues cause this, followed steps, didnt fix it. Thing is, i have had two blue screens of death since my new gfx card, they only happen in game, the game freezes, both when changing map or server, BSOD flashes for half a second and then pc restarts, check event viewer, minidump was saved, now i cant read these things so im going to post all of them here, there are the ATI video card ones and the new ones with my new gfx card. If you need more information please just ask me, Thankyou very much, regards, Will B

PS, the first uploaded minidump is the oldest, last two are with the new video card, thankyou.

Minidump 032608-01:

BugCheck 100000EA, {85bcfda8, 864410d8, f78c2cbc, 1}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+b2658 )

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Minidump 041308-01:

BugCheck 100000EA, {864b3308, 85ef2b38, f78c2cbc, 1}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+b83b8 )

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't already know, nv4_disp.dll belongs to your 8600GT :(. Try updating it's drivers.

ok, so both times it was the video cards driver, both cards, the ATI one and the nvidia had the latest drivers so you cant blame the video card, i have latset version of direct x, could this be a chipset driver problem? paged pool memory problem? please could you give a more specific cause of this, Thankyou.

Well, if you're confident that it's unrelated to the card in itself, perhaps your motherboard is defective. Considering the fact that you'll have to reinstall Windows if you replace it, you might as well try reinstalling Windows before you replace it, maybe you'll get lucky.

i already tried re-installing windows, didnt help. BUT, when i installed it there were some files that wouldnt install, it said press enter to try again, i kept pressing enter until it finally installed those files, the disk was quite scratched due to age but it managed to install in the end, perhaps theres still something wrong? And what could be wrong with the mobo to cause this? i opened the minidumps in a note pad and i saw 'paged pool memory dump' over and over again written, what does this mean? if u looked t them you must have seen it. IS there something wrong with paged pool memory? chipset drivers? BIOS? please any help here its bugging my like crazy and it must stop. Thankyou very much, Will B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back