My CD-Rom Drive Only Reads CD that I have bought from the store for my Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac_lonestar

This never happened before, my CD-Rom Drive used to read MP3 Cd's that I made myself and even backup cd's, but now the only thing it can read are CD's that I bought straight from the store or that are pre-recorded NOT by me.

I use the Toshiba 25 Laptop and well my CD-Rom Drive used to let me read my own CD's. Now when I try to explore to the CD it says, Unable to perform because of an I/O Device Error or inaccessible. I can access other CD's and explore/install them like my game CD's...

Update - I have recorded an MP3 Music Album CD with 18 tracks and I can play it. Ok, now I will see that after recording, can I still play my old CD's ont his drive...Hold Up

Update #2 - I fixed it...let me explain...a week ago, I was recording some of the music I had onto a CD to make to a compilation album, and an album for my friend. But I was also downloading, and my laptop is very terrible in performance because of an overheated CPU, broken CPU fan, and a failing hard drive. I don't have money for a new laptop, not even 600 dollars, so I don't need ppl to suggest my to buy a laptop. Anyways, then while finishing 70% of my second recording, my computer froze and I had to shut down my laptop by holding the shutdown button. So a few days later I checked my CD-Rom Drive to play one of my CD's and it didn't work, so I went crazy trying to fix my CD rom to make it work. But after recording my CD's work.

I use Roxio Easy Creator. Can anyone suggest me what is going on here and how I fixed it? I think I know how my CDrom works now but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if my CD-Rom stills works.

Ok I have been testing my DVD CD-Rom Drive Now and it works with everything this time, I think because my computer shutdown in the middle of a session, it altered something into my CD-Rom Drive (Removable Laptop Component and Replacable too). Anyways, I guess recording something one more time fixed the problem and brought my thing back to its original state.

I am sort of confused though, because even after I had the problem I remember myself recording another CD because my friend said tracks 14,15, and 16 didnt play. So I did the recording, but the day after that, my CD-rom drive didn't work, so then it took me a few days to finally fix it, which is today.

So I am confused. LOL.

Update - Please help, everything works except my DVD's like Microsoft Encarta 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back