TechSpot

My Cd-rw will not ready any disks

By sk8er_sam
Mar 27, 2006
  1. Heya...

I am having great difficulty trying to fix my cd-rw. I am not very good with pcs but all i know is, is that i have an lg cd-rw 32x10x40x. It ran perfectly until about a week ago. I was playing a new audio disk i bought in it and right on the very last song windows media player crashed and how the drive will not read any disks. I need to put some files onto blank disks but now cannot because nothing works.

Please Help Me

SaM :(

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Right click my computer and select manage, then device manager. Right click on your cd drive and select uninstall. When it`s done, reboot your pc. Windows will redetect the drive.

See if that help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. sk8er_sam

sk8er_sam TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah thanks man but i tried that before and it rebooted and did exactly the same thing... it may just be on its way out but i domnt see why. i have had the pc 5 years but the thing is my normal dvd drive which i use more is still running perfectly...

Thanks

Sam

4. howard_hopkinso

It is possible that the drive is bad.

Try a different ide cable.

Regards Howard :)

5. sk8er_sam

sk8er_sam TS Rookie Topic Starter

sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of thing... whats is the ide cable and how wud i changed it... i will reply back to any messages i receive on here tomoz as i am off out to play pool :p

Thanks

Sam

6. howard_hopkinso

The ide cable is what connects the cd drive to the motherboard.

[​IMG]

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.