My Cd-rw will not ready any disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya...

I am having great difficulty trying to fix my cd-rw. I am not very good with pcs but all i know is, is that i have an lg cd-rw 32x10x40x. It ran perfectly until about a week ago. I was playing a new audio disk i bought in it and right on the very last song windows media player crashed and how the drive will not read any disks. I need to put some files onto blank disks but now cannot because nothing works.

Please Help Me

SaM :(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Right click my computer and select manage, then device manager. Right click on your cd drive and select uninstall. When it`s done, reboot your pc. Windows will redetect the drive.

See if that help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yeah thanks man but i tried that before and it rebooted and did exactly the same thing... it may just be on its way out but i domnt see why. i have had the pc 5 years but the thing is my normal dvd drive which i use more is still running perfectly...

Thanks

Sam

sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of thing... whats is the ide cable and how wud i changed it... i will reply back to any messages i receive on here tomoz as i am off out to play pool :p

Thanks

Sam

The ide cable is what connects the cd drive to the motherboard.

aa1167_p350w.jpg

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back