MY COM KEEPS rebooting!! DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone help me??? it reboots itself after certain hours of usage..... i've not changed anything except for a graphics card Geforce fx 5700, which was installed by the shop assistant, i reformatted my com recently, and this thing can up..... furthermore i dun know hw to read the minidumps created!!!
pls help!

Start by turning off auto-reboot by right-clicking on My Computer, select 'Properties' , Advanced/Startup and Recovery, Settings and uncheck 'automatically restart'. Now the computer should hang at a bluescreen when it crashes. Write down that info. You can also look in the event viewer for more error information by right-clicking on My Computer and select 'Manage' and double-click on event viewer. Look in application and sysstem for any warnings or errors. Click on the event and it should have some info. Useful information would be Event ID and error description.

Then you can search these pages for more help...

Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages

Windows System Error Codes (exit codes

Microsoft TechNet: Events and Errors for Windows and the Windows Server System

if those don't help then post the information back in this thread and we'll try and help.

thanks for replying, ok i did all u told me..... i went to the event viewer and under system i got the following information....
Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID:1003

Description: Error Code 000000d1, parameter1 fc7c900, parameter2 0000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f86ebf2d.

do ya know whats the cause of the prob from these inforamtion? i/m really at a loss as to what the problem is as i'm rather computer illiterate. Btw i'm a pentium 4, 512 ram, 60 gig, with a asus motherboard and running on win xp professional sp2.....

to me this sounds like a power problem or a over heating problem try removing you exotic raids and run the system for a few days and see if it still does it if it does i think it maybe a power problem plug your comp into the wall directly or plug your comp into a good ex.(acp) battery/surge protector it will stablize the power flow and limit the spike than you comp will not shut down
but if you put one exotic raid back in at a time and it starts rebooting well two problem something is wrong with that raid or the dont work well togather or overheating is occurring you may need a better cooling system
try this its a start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back