My computer doesn't TUrn on..HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well one day my computer just shut off...i tried everything..the fans on the motherboard spin..i've tried changing everything but the power supply...would it be the problem?

i've hooked up different hd's and put a diff mobo and processor and even memory...

let me know what u think it is

Please provide computer specs.
CPU (default speed, overclocked speed, mult and FSB if available), type of heatsink, HDD, Vid card, HDDs, Power supply (make and wattage), ram (make, speed, and size), CDROMs, other periferals.

What was going on with the system before it died? Any overclocking? Was anything added or removed before this?

Since you have changed everything but the PSU, I would test that as well. Try testing it outside the computer.

Bug

computer randomly quit, no start up...??????

So here is what happened. I came to my room, woke up the comp from sleep, took away my AIM away message, turned around for about 30 seconds and then to see my comp. was turned off. nothing was installed or removed. just built last sept/oct. and i have had no problems. it is a 450 watt power supply. anthlon xp motherboard. i took out the power supply to put in a comp. with no power supply and switched over the memory, floppy drive. still no juice. sugggestions?? i dont understand why the power supply would just die. if so thankfully they aren't expensive. please send any info my way!

Ryan

Computer Died. Will not power up(as if it was unplugged)

CORRECTION: it is a AMD anthlon xp 2500 psu barton, asus A7N8X-X motherboard. I strongly believe the power supply went out for some reason in my dorm. it was a A-Power 450watt dual fan. kingmax memory 512mb, W/D 80GB hard drive.

Computer Died. Will not power up(as if it was unplugged

The power supply is very easy to test. Here is how you do it:
Take the power supply out of the computer and before you plug it in take a paper clip and short the green wire (pwr on wire)from one side to any black wire (ground wire) on the other side, then plug the power cord and turn the Power supply on. If the fan does not start, that means the power supply is dead and you have to replace it.
Sometimes the fan gets overheated and the rotor dislodges from the case, but the PS is still O.K. check if the fan rotor is loose and if it is, may be you just have to replace the fan only

Computer is DEAD. Got a new power supply and still does not power up

OKAY, so i my computer shuts down so reasons i don't know. I install a new power supply and it still does nothing. A green light lights up on the motherboard but that is all. Any ideas??

computer wont turn on

so heres my problem, i was using my comp the other day...and i turned it off at night...then teh next morning i tried to turn on my computer and it wouldnt start. i tried opening my comp and tightning all the conenctions and still it wouldnt work. a green light turns on when i switch on the power supply at the back but thats about it. no beep, no fans turning, no sounds when i try to turn on my computer. wat is strange is that...my friend came over the other day and tried tightening the connections and it WORKED. but then i turned my comp off again and it doesnt turn back on agian. was wondering if anyone could help. im using a antec power supply 450W. PLZ HELP!

Did you check to see if your CPU heatsink is sitting firmly on top of the CPU in the motherboard.
The springs that hold the heatsink on top of the CPU are snapped to plastic holders (brackets) in the board, sometimes the springs are very tight and cause the brackets to break off on one side or both sides. When this happens, the heatsink is not touching the CPU and the CPU gets overheated and shutts off automatically when you turn the computer on, because it has overtemperature protection.

computer doesn't turn on

hi, this is robert from tijuana, im having this problem with my computer and it would be nice if someone could help me.
i was using my computer as usual and everything was good, the last night it worked i left it on downloading some music and when i woke up it was off, i pushed the button, it turned on, it got into the windows loading screen then it turned off, i pushed the button again and it turned on but now it didn't last that long, it turned off when it barely passed 3 seconds, like that, each time less;
so now when i push it it just lights the 2 LEDs on the front and moves the fan for a millisecond, i tried the power supply with another computer and it works, i tried another switch and its not that so what could it be?

here are the specs:
ASUS A7V8X-LA motherboard
HIPRO HP-D2537F3R 100-127v/6A Power supply unit
1 gb kensington memory
i think it has a intel 4 processor
windows xp home edition

computer doesnt turn on

ok i tried resetting the RAM memory and it didn't work, another thing is that the power supply has a LED to tell when it has power and it lights when it is first connected to the wall output but when i press the button it turns off again and i have to disconnect it and wait for a minute and connect it again in order to get the led on again. thanks

It also saves your BIOS information. Like I said, it's a long shot but worth a look. You will need to reset your time and date afterwards and any custom settings, but your BIOS will be fine. Were you overclocking at all?

My Husbands computer is doing something messed up!

We have been try to find out what is going on with my husband's computer he has done everything we can thing about.He has a Emachine W4485 we have taken everything off the mother board and tried turning it on.After a few times it will boot.Then we try to rehook everything bck up one at a time and then once you hook one up shut down.Then hook the next thing until you get it all hook back up.We have done this step and many others the only thing we have done is try the pieces in another com.We can't seam to friger this thing out its drive me nuts sounds like something easy.It just started this a week ago and I got it to come back on after letting it seat for a while.Then our lil 4 year old didn't like the light bling so she turned it off he had it on ilde.And now not getting anything to work we can get it come on as long as all the drivers and hard is not hooked up.But still have to mess aroung with if for a few mins to get it too boot.Can some one give me a diffierent on site about something else I can.I would be very thank for.

computer doesn't turn on

ok, i just went and bought the battery and it still doesn't turn on, and i already tried with another button and it does the same thing, do you think it may be the motherboard then??

Same problem

At the moment I have the same problem.

I have bought a new motherboard and this has not fixed it.

I tried a different power supply at a friend's house.. still no response.

I have tried taking the switch cable out and using a screwdriver to make the connection to turn on the computer, as you can guess no response.

I have no more ideas and wanted to try and fix it myself but nothing is working.

I only hope that there is nothing already said on this thread that I should have tried.

Thank you in advance,

Monk

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Antec Smartpower 400W
Asus A8N-SLI
Nvidia Geforce6600GT
Corsair Value select DDR 1024Mb
SEAGATE 80GB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back