My computer freezes after being on for around two hours

Hi, my pc has been freezing on me for the past month after being on it for around 2 hours and after i reboot and get back on, it takes another 2 hours or so to freeze again. I have ran my virus software 3 times and every time it finds nothing but cookies. Also I ran a program named core temp a buddy recommended to me to see if my cpu was overheating i watched every 10 mins or so while on my computer and it never went any where near its Tj. Max which is 100c and it was running in the 50s. I will post my specs below and I built the pc my self around 1 year ago and it has been running good till now, besides a video card replacement.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200S
Motherboard: Model : MB-750I-72P9
Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
Sound: On Board
RAM: OCZ DDR2 2048MB x2
Hard Drive: WDC WD50 500gb
Disk Drive: HP DVD Writer 1260d

Well i think your PC fan is not working fine... check it... this issue normally appears when it heats up...!!

Thanks and responses

I am usually playing a game such as Starcraft 2 or League of Legends, the freeze occurs most of the time while I am playing them. It has happen once while i was not playing SC2 but it was running in the background.

As for overheating/fan, I think this might be it but I am not sure. Mainly because I have ran a program recommended to me by a buddy named coretemp and it ran a constant 40-50c average and would spike at a high 50 or low 60s. Although that is just the cpus temp not anything else in my pc.

Thanks for the replies :)

This still sounds like a heat issue at this point because heat that rises above the threshold boundary will cause freezing. Gaming will put a significant load on your video card raising its temperature significantly.

Do the following: Find a small fan, open the side of your case and have the fan on its low setting blow into your system. Now game. Are you getting any "freezes"?

Thank you and I feel stupid :)

I opened a small part of my case and put a medium sized fan blowing into. I did this all yesterday and didn't experience any freezing thanks again.

Back