my computer freezes intermitently!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inmydefence

i have a problem, my computer freezes up intermitently for around 15 seconds a time. there's no rhyme or reason as to when this happens../ for example, it can happen cold, as soon as i've logged in to windows, so i figure it isn't a overheating issue. i had this problem with this laptop previously and i ended up formatting to solve the problem! obviously i dont want to do that again! when i had the problem before it only froze up if the computer DIDNT have access to the internet. which suggested some sort of maliscious net based process. but this time i have a firewall so i guess its never getting access to the net, thus it makes no difference, connected or not. i have done every scan under the sun. virus\spyware\malware\registry i've cleaned the reg, defragged the reg. all to no at a lose end. if someone could PLEASE help i'd be really happy! here's my hijack this log. oh btw, i dont get any error messages, when its not frozen it seems to run normally!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of inmydefence only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

sorry... something i forgot to mention is that when it freezes the "services.exe" process spikes at 99% according to process explorer.

That could be caused by malware, but on the other hand, it may be caused by some flakey software.

Once you`ve followed the instructions, I`ll have a better idea of whether it`s a malware infection or some other reason.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of inmydefence only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

the only thing i hadn't done in that list of instructions in rename my hijackthis.exe would you like me to post another logfile anyways?
this the only different will be the name of the HT executable!

In that case, yes, that`d be fine.

Make sure you post it as an attachment as per these instructions HERE. I`d also like to see an AVG Antispyware log.

thank you for you're incredibly prompt response. i had no idea i get a reply so quickly! must sleep now as i need to be at work in 5 hours! will have you avg and new hjt log by tuesday! (away all day tomorrow)
thanks again

Ok mate, no problem.

i return!

hello, upon re-reading your last post i notice you asked for a AVG ANTISPYWARE log! since i don't have avg antispyware i cant give you a log file from it! i do have AVG ANTIVIRUS. i've attached a log file from that as well as a new HJT logfile.
as you'll see i've had a few virus warnings lately, although they would appear to be cleaned and gone.
i have included a log file from superantispyware which found a worm the other day. hope this's what you need!

Your HJT log is clean.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} -

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{400C7C24-15E5-407B-9EEA-BC718DA013AA}: NameServer = 195.50.140.114 195.50.140.252

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{400C7C24-15E5-407B-9EEA-BC718DA013AA}: NameServer = 195.50.140.114 195.50.140.252

Only fix the above 017 entries, if they don`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

I asked you to post an AVG Antispyware log, please do so. Instructions for downloading, and running AVG Antispyware can be found in this thread HERE.

here is the log file you asked for. i try to steer clear of the 30 day trial prgrams as i hear they tend to give false positive to get you to buy the product... anyway, i was impressed with what it found. anyways... hope to hear back soon!

AVG Antispyware is completely reputable. Once the trial version has ended, it will carry on working, it`s just that you lose one or two features that`s all.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

As far as I can tell, your system is now clean.

If you`re still having problems with explorer.exe spiking your cpu usage, I suggest you go and read this thread HERE. It may help, as if your problem isn`t caused by malware, then it`s more than likely caused by some programme you have running.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back