My computer has no administrater

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm new here and fairly new to computers. 6 months new. Been doing really well but went and did a dumb thing. I went and changed my user account to limited and now can't get back on as administrater. Tried everything and get "don't have priveledges to do that". Can't even use system restore.My husbands name comes up as an option to log on but he's not an administrator and when I go there half the stuff doesn't work. He's never used it. If I go to control panal there, I get script error and it asks me if I want to run anyway and I click yes, nothing happens and you can't get rid of the message. I'm assuming that account never got set up. Anyone got any ideas? Oh and if I use sleep, which I have always use, when I start up, the computer is locked but if I turn it off and on, it's o.k..

1) Administrator account does not show on welcome screen unless you start in safe mode.

Press F8 after the beep when you restart your PC (you may need to press it several times) and a menu will appear.

Select 'Start in safe mode'

2) Sleep will always lock the computer. To avoid this, logoff and then use sleep

Hope this helps

Use the F8 trick above to get into the system, then use the CP->User Accounts
and create a new user; make it an Admin account; Give it a password!!!

Enable Fast User Switching and you will then be able to switch from Limited to Admin
without a reboot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back