TechSpot

My computer has slow fps on games

By Splinter02
Feb 14, 2006
  1. Hi all, I recently bought a pc and I got it home opened it up put it all together and installed a few games and decided to try them. Launched Battlefield 2 and put my graphics on high and changed the resolution etc. Then I got into the game and it had very slow fps it was about 10-20 fps and the mouse & keyboard wasn't very responsive.

My Computer Specs:

Pentium 4, 3.4ghz, 2mb Cache
    2gb Ram, Ati Radeon X600
    Monitor: 19" 12ms

Please help me! Thanks! :rolleyes:

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

Video card, video card, video card. Battlefield 2 has been known to have mouse/keyboard slowness (happens to me too), but your low fps is probably completely due to your X600. That's not a beefy card and it sounds like you want to use beefy settings :)

3. Splinter02

Splinter02 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have a 128mb Radeon 9600, is that more of a beefy card :stickout:

Also what card would you recommend ?? Too play Battlefield 2 and games of the future like Oblivion etc.

4. Cartz

Cartz TS Rookie Posts: 97

AGP or PCI-E slot in the mobo?

AGP? 7800GS, go buy it today

PCI-E? 7900 Series, wait until March 9th.

5. Neowizard

Neowizard TS Rookie Posts: 23

Mind u cartz, but I think that the ati X850XT PCI-e 256 MB would do a much better job then the 7900 ( in retio to the price that is)
    just an opinion

Neowizard

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.