My computer is doing wierd things please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikishan

hi! guyz i have been noticing a problem that has been very frequent in my PC..
I always get a blue screen when i just use my computer for anything.. it happens out of nowhere... well here is the problem..

Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Windows Logon Process System Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000017 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

Please help anyone if they have a saving solution!!
i will greatly appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Go to C:\windows\Minidump. There should be a bunch of files in there with a .dmp file extension. Post 5 or 6 of the latest ones here as attachments.

Oops. I should have mentioned that there are old minidumps as well. A minidump is named like this:
Mini+(date: mm+dd+yy)+ -(# of minidumps on that date).

Sorry I didn't mention this. Are there any in that folder with a recent date, like mini031507-01.dmp?

Sorry but there were only three files... Im thinking of upgrading my WinXP Pro to another WinXP Pro, would that cure the prob??

Actually, you may not have minidumps enabled. To enable them, please do the following:

Go to the Control Panel and follow this steps:
1. System Icon
2. Advanced Tab
3. Startup and Recovery -> Settings
4. Enable Write an Event to the system log
5. Disable Automatically Restart
6. Select the following debugging information:
Small memory dump (64 Kb)
Small Dump Directory : %SystemRoot%\Minidump
Confirm all and restart the computer.

How much RAM do you have? I guess I didn't read your first post properly, yes, it does sound like bad RAM like riekmaharg2 said.

If minidumps aren't enabled, try enabling them, then attaching one after it crashes.

Try downloading Memtest86+. Save it to wherever you want, then after it's downloaded, right click on it and choose "extract all." After it's done extracting, run it, and let it run for a couple hours. See if it finds anything.

I don't think it gives any information other than that it found an error. If it gives you an error, you can be reasonably sure it's faulty RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back