My computer is not recognizing a scanner! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossinensis

I have a CanoScan N670U scanner which my computer is not recognizing regardless of what I do. I have tried all the regular stuff (uninstalling and reinstalling the driver etc.), but with no success. Can anyone help? The scanner is plugged into the computer through a PCMCI USB2 card.

Many thanks!

Laptop?
Probably needs to be plugged in directly into a motherboard USB port.
Update the USB2 crad drivers if you can.
Check in Device Manager if USB is properly installed.

Well, the USB port connected directly to the motherboard is not working, and that is why I am using the PCMCI card... Other than that, I have already updated the drivers (both the USB2 PCMCI card and the scanner) and, according to the Device Menager, the scanner is working properly. However, the device is as dead as it can be...I really do not know what else to do!

One more detail about the malfunctioning scanner connection....

I do not know if this could give any more clues, but it is my capturing program (ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000) that gives an error about not being able to communicate with the scanner. According to the Device Menager everything is OK, but the scanner is not giving any signs of life...The computer is a laptop.

And only one more thing...When I go into "Scanners and Cameras" icon in the Control Panel (XP) I am informed that my scanner is "unavailable"...

Try booting the PC with the scanner already plugged in, and also try plugging it in after you have booted in Windows. Go into your BIOS to see if the BIOS port(s) are enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back