TechSpot

My computer keeps freezing randomly

By Sidco
Jul 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I have a very annoying problem that has happend a lot lately. My computer just randomly freezes, when I am playing games or just browsing the internet.

What happends is everything stops can't move my mouse, press any keys, sound cuts off. And I have to restart my PC and then it happends agian later. It only happends about once a day every singel day. I have been trying to find a fix for it but nothing have worked so far.

Here are my Computer specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti Overclocked
    PSU: Corsair AX 850 W
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro socket-1155

Edit: This have only happend for the past month now, all of my parts I have had for about a year.

2. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 321

Might be a long shot have u recently installe maleware bytes or done any updates

3. Sidco

Sidco TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have not installed maleware bytes never heard of it before until now. And only updates done is for my GPU that is hardware related.

4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

This may or not be your problem. Nvidia last driver 320.18 cause my computer to have random freezes. I end up going back to the old driver before it. This stop the problem. Now they have a new driver release 320.49 . So I updated to it and everything is working fine.

5. Sidco

Sidco TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi, I have already updated my drivers to 320.49 and tryed older versions of drivers.

6. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 321

U never had freezes before you updated your gpu drivers ?? I would certainly say your problem is lying there somewhere go to main site and redownload

7. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

At the time you updated your drivers did you do a clean install or just update them? If you just updated them you might want to try a clean install and see if that helps.