TechSpot

My Computer Keeps On Turning Off After 1 Minute to 30 Minutes of Power On.

By maniac_lonestar
Jul 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First of all:
    1. This computer has NO VIRUSES and NO WAREZ and NO INTERNET EXPOSURE.
    2. This is not a laptop.
    3. My Brother from Michigan sent it to me by mail, and I am guessing that is the reason this computer is so ****ed up.

Ok, well this is a very expensive computer (would be able to play half life 2). And well, after my brother sent me it (by mail), it seems to act like a god damn 80 GB Ipod (low battery life in under 1 hour etc.....). But of course, I plug in the device with all sorts of computer cables, and the same results happen. After a few minutes the god damn computer turns off!

When I set it to 115 V this happens!
    (BUT I HEAR A REPETITIOUS BEEPING NOISE)

So I set it to 230 V and well the BEEPING miraculously disappears! But then the monitor doesn't turn on.

*****!!!!!!! I am so mad!!!!!! And I am not a computer genius.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME WHY HE SENT IT BY EMAIL. IT WAS MY REQUEST and WELL I WAS SUCH A DUMB*** FOR TELLING HIM TO DO THAT.

Can somebody help me resolve this?
    Do I need a new powerbox?
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

setting the wrong voltage on the PSU will fry your system.
    NEVER mess with voltage settings. If you're lucky - all you will have to replace is the PSU. Please do not CURSE in techspot. Not only is it a sin, but some (like myself) find it offensive.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.