TechSpot

my computer keeps restarting it self when i play gta sa

By pumpaction
Oct 13, 2006
  1. my computer keeps restarting itself when i play gta san andreas and i dont know why its doing it it alwas happens when i get into fights and stuff i trid lowering the resolution and visule effects but nouthing and when its done restarting i get a message that says windows has recoverd from a seirous error and i dont know what happend and i bought my computer a year ago so can somebody help me is ther something i can download to fix this problem this is really getting on my nevers i cant even make it across town plese help me:(

2. Benan

Benan TS Rookie Posts: 147

Perhaps its your video drivers?

What video card do you have?

if you dont know Start > run > dxdiag > Display tab

3. pumpaction

pumpaction TS Rookie Topic Starter

it says i got a nvidia geforce4 mx intergrated gpu

4. Benan

Benan TS Rookie Posts: 147

intergrated = bad how many MB is it?

5. pumpaction

it says 64.0 mb. and before my computer restarts i allways get a blue screen that says driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

6. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

pumpaction go here http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and search GTA:SA and see if your integrated card passes you into the game Failed / Passed feature... if you fail I recommend getting a new card but if you pass then it's probably a internal program error

7. pumpaction

thanks ill try it now

8. lamensterms

lamensterms TS Rookie Posts: 85

it could be your ram. you might have a bad stick. a few months ago i was having the same problem while running autoCAD and illustrator. go here www.memtest86.com and download and run memtest. if it comes up that you have a RAM issue, and you have multiple sticks, try removing one at a time and see if your system becomes more stable.

cheers.

9. pumpaction

i'll do it right now

10. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

So pumpaction did the system req. say you failed anything?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.