My computer keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im new 2 this forum and i was wondering if any 1 cud help me my computer keeps restarting for no reason it jst restarts it doesnt close any applications it jst restarts when im in the middle of something i hav formatted and that hasn't worked so im guessing its hardware related it only happens when im on the internet as well if any 1 has any ideas whats causeing this please let me know

thx beano141

sound like either a power supply issue or your CPU is over heating

download speedfan and see what the temps read.

so i done the speedfan thing and i dnt fink it showed any sign of it being my fan as i sed it only restarts when om on the internet at the moment im on aol 56k as i am waiting for them 2 send me a modem is there any chance that it could be my modem thats causing my pc 2 restart without warning

speedfanpic.jpg

I don't think a modem issue would cause your PC to restart. There is something else going on here.

Have you recently installed any new software or hardware? Often times it is things you don't even think about that can make big changes to a system.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

no not really only aol and i also formatted my pc so all software iv installed was gone its jst weird it only happens when om on the net

poertner_1274 said:
I don't think a modem issue would cause your PC to restart.Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

You would be surprised, even though its rare, I have seen this before.

thats weird never heard of a modem doing that before. I had a problem that was just like your excpet the fact that it was the nvidia drivers for my network card. if i installed them computer would do the same thing just keep restarting when on the net but if I did not install them then I could use the internet with no problems.

Probably it's really the modem after all. It happened to my D-Link modem 2 times before. First time it was shorted (a mice pissed on it!); the second time I have to re-seat on other PCI slot. Now it worked just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back