My Computer Keeps retarting at loading screen need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all of a sudden, my PC froze, and well i then reset my PC and after that everytime i start my PC, it always resets at the Windows XP professional Loading screen. And keeps on resetting, and resetting and so on, i cant even use Safe mode cause thats not working also.

Can anyone please tell me how i can fix this, i cant even log in my PC.

my PC specs are
40GB hard drvie
Nvidia Geforce FX 5500
1058 RAM
Windows XP professional
2Ghz

I hope someone relpys with a solution

your hard drive is corrupt. I had a game that did the same thing to my system.
Fortunately I had a back up and restored it to the previous state. All is good now.

Boot off your XP install CD as if you're going to install XP. It will ask if you want to Repair or Install XP, chose Install. The repair option at this point is a command console that will not do what you want. Then it will load software and ask if you want to Install over the old, repair an existing XP installation or do a clean install I think; choose Repair this time. Let it complete. You may have to reinstall a few programs to get the registry entries back but everything should still be on your disk. You will have to do all the Windows updates again.

zephead said:
what motherboard have you got in the box in question?

how do i know what motherboard i have?

Also, i cant even get in safe mode because it resets before i can get in, if i could get in safemode it be easy to fix, but i cant.
I also lost my Windows XP professional CD, not really lost it but we moved recently and its packed somewhere in boxes

what brand and model is the computer itself (in the event you have an oem build)? download and run cpu-z, and look under the motherboard tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back