My computer keeps shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAst night my computer just shut off...i was able to turn it back on and get on it again, things were running slow and then it shut off again....i forgot to turn it off before i went to bed and this morning its not working. I can turn it on and the green light on the from says its onbut nothing is happening. I kept trying and every now and then it would seem like it starts to load but would shut off again. I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again, i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive....nothing else is working too....do i have a virus? did something blow? the fan?
I have no clue, i have tried everything I can think of....what do i do now? whats going on?

megastar15 said:
I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again,

Sounds like a dead monitor to me it should work fine that is assuming the monitor can handle the screen size of your monitor, to be double sure set your screen size to 640 x 480 and then try the monitor if it still wont work its broken.

megastar15 said:
i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive...

Open the C drive ?? what does that mean ?

megastar15 said:
nothing else is working too..

What else is there.

Look lets start from the beginning, first check the monitor, then post back and tell us if the computer makes any noise or if any lights come on on the base unit.

Usual checks like fuses are a good start.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back