My computer lags a semingly random intevals i.e after restart / or 2 days later.

By Brennan
Sep 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The only other symptom is a screwed up mouse cursor which sometimes has a rainbow hue and looks like a vertical line with two arrows pointing up and down on each end respectively, I forget the name of the cursor icon (the same one to change the size of program windows when you hover of the edge/corner) Games take forever to load but will run smoothly once they are opened. Sometimes it happens minutes after a complete shutdown and restart sometimes it takes a few days to reappear and may go away without any intervention at all. I ran memtest86 overnight (because of the slow loading of games) and I removed all my Nvidia drivers and ran DriverSweeper then reinstalled just the graphics driver (reason being the only significant change I made to my PC that I am aware of was I installed "The Ge-force experience" program from the Nvidia website. I have had problems with Maleware before which were solved and this new problem didn't appear until months after.
  2. hopgop1

hopgop1 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 111   +11

System restore to before the problem occurred? Only solution I can think of.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.