My computer plays mysterious MJ songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea thats right, various Michael Jackson songs have been mysteriously ben playing through my computer speakers, songs I dont even have on my computer.
Multiple(about 30) iexplorer.exe * processes would be running at a time, the sound would play until I ended the process producing the sound.

I tried the 8 step removal guide and have posted my logs. please someone help me out here. Thanks.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-03-23 (22-44-47) maleware.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 03-24-2010 - 02-04-10.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
Drew, HijackThis doesn't work on 64bit operating systems. Please run the following:
  • Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your desktop.

After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.

Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HERE

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Please attach both in your next reply.

Is MJ still singing at you? Please run the following:

Open
Kaspersky Online Scanner in Internet Explorer

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
  • Click Accept and the web scanner will begin to load
  • If a yellow warning bar appears at the top of the browser, click it and choose Install ActiveX Control
  • You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, click Install
  • If you are prompted about another ActiveX control called Kaspersky Online Scanner GUI part then allow it to be installed also.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT and then Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    [o] Scan using the following Anti-Virus database> Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    [o] Scan Options: Scan Archives> Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:
    [o] Select My Computer
  • The program will start to scan your system.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on the Save as Text button and save the file to your desktop
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the license, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license is accepted, reset to 100%.

Please don't bump the thread. I'll get back as soon as I can after your reply. There are some other members who have malware and they all want help now too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back