My computer suddenly reboots, Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody

I'm getting crazy with my PC, it suddenly reboots randomly and unexpectedly while using any application or even when doing nothing.

I have Windows XP, I have tried changing Power Supply, Hard Disk, MotherBoard, update bios, disconnect PCI cards, reinstall XP etc.

Recently I disabled the option to Restart automatically when detecting a system failure in My Computer Properties. After doing this now I see a blue screen with the code

STOP 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0x80572634A, 0xEFDDE784, 0x00000000)

But it does not make reference to any driver or device.

Hope somebody can help me on this. Thanks!

Since it is not a problem based on none of the mentioned sub-systems in your post, there is only one place you need to look for the problem. The Ram modules. Try changing the memory, as it may be the source of the problem. The hex codes in the blue screen look like memory addresses. :grinthumb

Hi Leonj,

If you are using nVidia Display Card Driver, it is the culprit. If no, attach 4 to 5 minidumps here and you can find the minidumps at the folder \windows\minidumps. Zip the minidump as this forum does not file extension *.dmp and it accepts *.txt and *.zip. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You may want to consider testing you ram.

Download and run Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org

Let it run for at least seven passes.

If you don`t have a floppy drive there is an iso version that you can burn to cd and then boot from the cd.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Working on this

Thanks guys, I attached the two minidump files I found in my PC and I downloaded memtest I will keep informed of my progress thanks again.
:giddy:

Attachments

• Mini032705-01.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 9
LeonJ,

The bugcheck code is C5 and it is usually caused by faulty ram. However you are running XP Base level SP1 and it is almost 4 years behind. I suggest you upgrade to SP1 or SP2 latest patch. After the upgrade, if your XP still get bugcheck code C5 and it is ram error.

Hi Leonj,

Do you have any update of the problem? Your feedback will help us to resolve the similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back